Sunday, May 15, 2011

Reflection

Being in this service learning class has really taught me so much about health and nutrition and the importance of taking care of our community (really). I mean the information that I gained here even helped me to make better changes in my diet. Now I eat more vegetables and more fruits and a lot less of the junk food that I used to eat. Surprisingly I also felt another change. Before, I used to eat a lot of processed foods and could not care less what was being put into them. But now I know that a lot of salt goes into preserving these kinds of foods and so I try my best to stay away from them. I could even taste the amount of salt that was being added to the food when I did decide to eat a processed food once a week. I couldn't believe what I was tasting. It really made me think, did I really used to eat this much salt? really? This really made me appreciate the fact that I was learning so much about nutrition from this class. This class gave me so much insight that I know that I will continue to spread the word about our guide even after this semester is over. I really am more knowledgeable about nutrition and cancer and I really do hope that the people of Harlem also become more knowledgeable about their health and how it can relate to cancer because it will help them live healthier lifestyles. I really know that a lot of people are genuinely interested in learning more about nutrition and I hope that we can help them to understand the importance of nutrition and its impact on our health. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey. I think you said it all. I absolutely feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete