Tuesday, September 13, 2011

healthy food

Hey guys,
I found an CBS News article about healthy foods that can be eaten to help patients that have cancer. I think one thing we have to remember is that when a patient is sick and is having cancer treatment, their appetites aren't the same and a lot of foods don't taste the same. I think we should consider ways to work with the patients in eating healthier because you can't just force them to change their diets.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/01/health/webmd/main999453.shtml

2 comments:

  1. I agree, I think we should have some type of focus on educating the patients. I don't think enough people know or understand the importance of eating healthy when it comes to prevention for Cancer. A lot of people may think that eating healthy is important if you don't want to gain weight etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree with your comment and the program. People do think that eating healthy is synonymous with "weight loss program" when eating healthy is something that every one should do. We should try to find more studies that show that health improves with the consumption of better food as part of an education program for the patients.

    ReplyDelete