Monday, April 5, 2010

Department of Healths information on Sugar-sweetened beverages

This is a link that provides information on the topic of sugar-sweetened beverages and the impact it has towards obesity.

Due to these findings, How do you feel about sugar-sweetended bevarges being taxed?

I, myself have asked a few people in conversation lately, and have had mixed results. Out of 5 people I spoke to, none were obese, and only one of them was for the tax being implimented. I also asked those who oppose the tax, would they stop buying soda if it becomes taxed..all said, they would still continue to buy.

A response that caught my attention from someone while conversationg on the issue: "If they tax soda, then why do they not tax candy in the stores as well. They want to put a tax on everything."

It made me think a bit, why just soda? Why are they not going to tax candy, which Im sure has a lot of the same effects on obesity like soda? Im sure there is someone out there with the answer, I just did not have it to give at the time of the response stated.

I myself, do not drink soda, so to me I could careless, but in the same sense in regards to health, I do care..so I see why they are trying to implement the tax, but if the majority still continue to drink it, how would it be helping health?

3 comments:

  1. Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response. recovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. phenq

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much.
    Health

    ReplyDelete