Monday, February 21, 2011

Harlem Health Promotion Center

Hi all,

I think this is a great organization that we could partner with and advocate the need for a healthier lifestyle. This is their mission:

"As an innovative and inclusive not-for-profit public health organization serving Harlem, HHPC aims to make use of community partnerships, communication and dissemination, training, evaluation, information technology, and infrastructure to improve the health and well-being of Harlem residents across a broad spectrum of health issues."

Also, as I was browsing their website, I came along a tab that read Harlem Health Statistics. When I clicked on the tab I found a list of health statistics on cancer, mental health, health demographics, etc. Unfortunately though, when I tried to click on these PDF's they would only open up with an error. So I really couldn't see the information that they had under these links. Other then that, if any of you know anything about this organization pleases let us know. I think it would be great to work with them and get more exposure out of our cause.

1 comment:

  1. If you click HOME
    there is a website I stated in class "http://www.gethealthyharlem.org/"
    they have a lot of event, and some are free, about events and news that go on in Harlem.

    ReplyDelete