Thursday, March 10, 2011

Recipe Portion of the Health Guide

Hello. I am in the group that is working on the recipe portion of the Health book and would like to share my ideas with the class. Our groups wants to pick specific ingredients that help fight against cancer and fight breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes that incorporate that particular ingredient. From the comments on the last post, it seemed like adding a small sub-section with recipes for people already diagnosed with cancer was practical. Do you guys have other suggestions that you would like to see us include?

Also, I have recently explored the cookbook section at a Barnes and Noble and I came across a book that I really liked. It is called "The Anti-Cancer Cookbook" by Dr. Julia Greer. I searched online and found the recipes for free on Dr. Oz's website!

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking of finding recipes just for the vegetables and have a food demonstration next to it. Although adding breafast recipes wouldn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your idea Aysha about placing subsections because it will make it easier for people to find what they are looking for at any time of day. Plus we can 'fight' cancer at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack time. We need to be mindful of what we place in our bodies all the time.

    I guess you can also say what the 'powerfood' is in the recipe and what type of cancer it will fight or stave off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about..
    http://customerhealthguide.info/

    ReplyDelete