Friday, February 26, 2010

Questions and Concerns

Hey Goodnight,

I am the group leader for the week, Alana. I guess this goes out to the people in the Green Market Group. I don't know any of your strengths so I guess I want want you tell me what job interests you the most. The jobs up for grabs are:

1)Blogging about our progress (1person)
2)Updating the facebook page about group progress (1 person)
3)Recruiting other people to follow our project (1 person)
4)Somebody who can research areas that could possibly be used for a green market (2 0r 3 people)
5)Somebody who can research the requirements(again)
so that it can be sent out to the rest of the group members. (2 or 3 people)

There are eight of us (so far) so there should be enough for everybody to do. If there is anything else we should be doing. Just post it.

For the people who are going to be blogging or updating facebook, I think we should just talk about what we have done so far as a class together and what we have done up to now. You could also introduce us ( the CCAPP service learning learning class) and what we hope to accomplish. I guess after that you go a little into the green markets.

Since we are a group, if anybody needs any help, just ask and we'll help each other out.
I'm not sure how you guys want to keep in contact. If you have any suggestions just comment on this blog.

Also we should probably start brain storming on more ways to drum up community support. Also do u think the community would benefit from EBT card accessible greenmarkets?

5 comments:

  1. I could update facebook & research the requirements as well.

    As a group, I think we should all try to have some direct contact with everyone through phone/email. This allows us to be as productive as possible & ask for help if needed. Contact me by email chitrachand89@yahoo.com for my cell and I am also on facebook under the name Vidya Devi. Feel free to add me or ask for any extra assistance in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I was just looking and Greenmarkets organize and manage open-air farmers markets in NYC. So Greenmarkets are a sort of organization, that takes care of farmers and their produce.

    I think we have to help the greenmarket group find a suitable place for the farmers to sell their produce. I'll email Jyoti and Olivia and ask.

    Also my email is Alewis12@ccny.cuny.edu and you can also find me on facebook under Alana Lewis.

    I guess I'll look for available spaces based on space, availability, and parking space for the farmers trucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Here is a little back ground information on Green Markets:

    http://www.cenyc.org/greenmarket/faq#q11

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys !

    I will search for areas close to CCNY that could possibly be used for a green market.

    My email is s_z_786@hotmail.com cell#5167083019
    feel free to contact mee

    ReplyDelete